Start: Padiham, Lancashire
Date: Saturday 06 June 2020
Start time: 6:00 pm
The Ayr 600 is a 608 km, long-distance cycling event sanctioned by Audax UK (AUK), taking place over the weekend of 06 – 08 June 2020.
The event is a randonnee, not a race. Those taking part will have a maximum of 40-hours to complete the challenging 608 km route.
START & CONTROL DETAILS
Event HQ is the Greenbrook Community Centre, Greenbrook Road, Burnley. Free breakfast, typically cereal/toast, tea/coffee/juice will be available at the start. Refreshments, typically sandwiches/cakes will be available at the finish.
Riders obtain proof of passage through a series of predetermined controls. Acceptable proof of passage requires independent evidence of time, date and control location. Acceptable forms include:
- A timed signature of a controller designated by the organiser
- A stamp, sticker or other distinct mark (inside the brevet card) provided by the event organiser and/or a controller
- A printed receipt, with time, date and control location (usually from a cash register or ATM)
- Other forms may be designated by the organiser, provided they are acceptable to AUK
Where a rider is unable to obtain proof of passage, an alternative form may be accepted at the organiser’s discretion.
GETTING TO THE START
Burnley is easily accessible by car, being just 3-miles from junction 8, M65 (click on the link below for start map).
The nearest mainline railway station is Burnley Manchester Road,about 2-miles from the event start. However, be aware there are no trains on the morning of the event. Travellers arriving by train are advised to arrive the night before and book some accommodation somewhere (see below for further details about this).
ACCOMMODATION BEFORE THE START
There are a few B & Bs in or around Padiham.
The nearest Travelodge is Burnley, located at junction 10, M65 (2-miles). http://www.travelodge.co.uk
The nearest Premier Inn is also in Burnley (5-miles). http://www.premierinn.com
The nearest Mercure hotels are Foxfields Country Hotel, Billington (5-miles) and The Dunkenhalgh Hotel near Clayton-le-Moors (5-miles). http://www.accorhotels.com
The nearest Holiday Inn’s are Burnley, jcn 10, M65 (2-miles) and Preston (19-miles). http://www.ichotels.com
The nearest IBIS is located at junction 1, M55, Preston north (21-miles). http://www.accorhotels.com
Entry fee: £15.90 when entering online through PayPal. non AUK/CTC/CUK members will see £3 automatically added to include temporary membership for insurance purposes!
N.B. entry fees are non-refundable and will be taken at the time of entry! The entry fee won’t fluctuate during the course that entries remain open!
Your confirmation email, usually received from PayPal immediately after entering and paying the entry fee, guarantees you a place on the event! Online entrants will also usually receive e-mail confirmation of their entry from the organiser’s within 72-hours of entering!
Full entry details on the AUK website calendar page.
Click on the link below to enter:
Entry fee includes:
- Brevet card with detailed route-sheet giving precise instructions
- Breakfast before the start (typically cereal/toast, tea/coffee/juice etc)
- Refreshments at the finish (typically sandwiches/cakes etc)
- Validation with Audax UK (AUK) and Audax Club Parisien (ACP)
- Any photograph’s taken by the organiser/helpers during the event